Friday, October 15, 2010

What's in a name? Part 2

I arrived at Hotel Diva without an appointment, explaining that I was interested in seeing the hotel because I write a blog of the same name, and that I occasionally have need for room blocks at hotels during city-wides head-quartered at the Moscone Convention Center. Graciously welcomed, I was shown the meeting space, a couple of guestrooms, and one of the artist-designed lounges available as common areas for hotel guests to – well – lounge in.

I was told that the owner, a woman, has a background in interior design and hand-picks all the furniture, fixtures, and fabrics personally. I also learned that Hotel Diva is one of four boutique hotels in the Personality Hotel collection, and that one of its sister properties was the very first boutique hotel in San Francisco. All four are located in the Union Square neighbourhood – a veritable shopping Nirvana.

The image above is actually printed on a window blind. Can you make out the word "Diva" on the tops of the stockings?

http://www.personalityhotels.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment