Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just Right



I had a "Goldilocks" moment in my local Starbucks yesterday.

All the tables were taken so I headed for a spot on the big cushy leather couch. "Cushy" was right - I sunk in, and back, most uncomfortably. This would not do! So I tried the adjacent armchair - too hard.  Back to the couch where I arranged a cushion behind me and pronounced "Just Right".

And it struck me: this is what I do - with hotels! I find the "Just Right" hotel for meetings and conferences. Not too big for those smaller groups that would get lost in a large convention facility. Not too small for the association that requires a spacious tradeshow hall for face-to-face time with vendors and sponsors. Enough breakout rooms for those pharma meetings, but not too luxurious as to contravene RX and D restrictions. City centre or resort, depending on mobility and off-site programs.

And always in my cross-hairs: the budget and concessions that will make the venue "Just Right".

No comments:

Post a Comment