For the first time last June, the event was held in Canada, at the Sheraton Centre Toronto hotel - appropriately, as ConferenceDirect's President and CEO Brian Stevens pointed out as it is exactly this type of "big box" convention hotel that meets the needs of so many of our clients so well.
(The hotel did an *amazing* job - wowing one of my clients with the "best breakfast buffet I've ever seen". )
IndustryInsights regular Mike Fegley (Vice President of Sales - The Americas of Intercontinental Hotels Group) gave a detailed state-of-the-industry presentation with special attention paid to Canadian market trends. His fact-filled slides were sent to all attendees with a follow up survey.
A prestigious panel of industry experts fielded questions on a wide variety of topics:
- Are there any "deals" out there? and if so - where?
- Increase rooms-to-space ratios for complimentary function space
- Food & Beverage service trends (exemplified by the recent cancellation of Room Service at the Hilton New York), as well as dietary requirements and preferences
- Internet charges and costs to the hotel
- "Green" innovations
- Hotel loyalty/Rewards programs
Upcoming IndustryInsights are scheduled for Denver (June 18-29, 2014), Minneapolis (Sept.11-12, 2014), and Nashville (November 19-20). Please let me know if you would like any additional information.