Awards Season, that is. Meetings & Incentive Travel recently announced their Readers Choice Award Winners, having solicited their readers to vote for hotels and venues that "went over and above their groups' expectations in 2013". This year readers were asked to cast their votes by region, as well as "with bedrooms" (hotels and resorts) and "without bedrooms" (primarily convention centres)
...and the winners are:
- Congratulations to beautiful The Fairmont Pacific Rim - I was just there! - for taking top place in the Venue with Bedrooms category.
- The Venue without Bedrooms winner is the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Honourable Mentions in both categories to The Westin Calgary, The Fairmont Banff Springs, Calgary Stampede and the Shaw Convention Centre in Edmonton.
- M&IT Readers selected The Westin Ottawa as their favourite Venue with Bedrooms
- The International Centre in Toronto won for Venue without Bedrooms
The Westin Ottawa Lobby
Honourable Mentions to JW Rosseau The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, Mississauga Convention Centre, and Centre des Congres de Quebec, St. Andrews Club and Conference Centre, Paramount Conference and Event Venue.
- The recently-renovated Halifax Marriott Harbourfront was selected as favourite Venue with Bedrooms
- Fave Venue without Bedrooms was a three-way tie! Dalvay By The Sea in York, Prince Edward Island, the World Trade and Convention Centre in Halifax, and the Prince Edward Island Convention Centre, also in P.E.I.
Congratulations to all!!