Thursday, October 11, 2012

Funny thing happened....

...on my way to a doctor's appointment.

I had a little time to kill so I thought I'd wander through the lobby of the new Four Seasons Toronto.  I entered from Yorkville Avenue, where the driveway circles around a huge, red fountain.  It's a bit of a maze inside, with very high ceilings, and the space broken up into small, intimate areas.  There's an art piece depicting a dandelion gone to seed suspended over the front desk. (The dandelion motif is repeated in other artwork throughout the hotel, along with other 'natural' images).


I didn't get far before getting "made" by one of the hotel sales managers. He spotted me, and offered to show me the event space - cool!

We went up to the 3rd floor to see Aria, the 6,776 sq.ft. ballroom with amazing 21 ft. high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows on two sides. There are breakout rooms on that floor, and on the 6th floor, where the baby ballroom, Vinci (3,249 sq.ft.) is located.

I also got to see one of the gorgeous guestrooms, all taupe with mustard accents, an inviting curved sofa in the corner, and an even more inviting stand-alone stone bathtub - apparently a nod to the decor in the new Spa, which I'll see (and experience!) next week!!




No comments:

Post a Comment